If you've ever bought music from the iTunes Store or if you've purchased an iOS device, you were probably asked to create an Apple ID. The Apple ID is an account you can use to access all of Apple's services. You can use it to buy music, TV shows, and apps from the iTunes Store, or you can buy apps for your Mac from the Mac App Store (if you have OS X Lion or Snow Leopard). You'll also need an Apple ID in order to use iCloud.
If you don't have an Apple ID, you can follow the steps below to set it up.
To create an Apple ID:
- Go to the My Apple ID page and click Create an Apple ID.
- Type your email address. This will be used as your Apple ID. You will also need to choose a password.
- Continue filling out the form with your security question, name, address, and other info.
- If you do not want to receive emails from Apple, uncheck the check boxes under Contact Preferences.
- Click Create Apple ID. Apple will then send you a verification email. You will need to sign in to your email and follow the directions in the verification email to complete your registration.